1. Client Responsibility
It is the responsibility of each client to ensure that they have a thorough understanding of the nature of spread betting and the inherent risks involved. In addition, each client must also ensure they are aware of the terms and conditions which govern the specific markets quoted by SportsSpread. Where any confusion or any misunderstanding exists, the onus is on the client to clarify the issue. Our traders are happy to answer any questions regarding any of the markets in which we operate and it is assumed that the client is aware of all the information, which would have been provided had these questions been asked.
SportsSpread will do its best to ensure that all information provided is accurate and up-to-date. However, in the unlikely event that we inadvertently provide inaccurate information, we accept no responsibility for this and the use to which this information may be put.
3. Event Postponed
Bets on any event, the duration of which is expected to be one day or less, which is postponed and not completed within 6 days of its original fixture date, will be void. Bets on any event, the duration of which is expected to be two or more days, which is not completed within 21 days of the day it was scheduled to be completed, will be void. It should be noted that a delay in the start time of an event does not affect the status of any bet on that event if the completion of the event conforms to the guidelines set out above.
4. Event Abandoned
When prices are offered on an event after the event has begun (i.e. in running betting or half-time updated prices) and the event is abandoned, all open bets will be settled at the mid-point of the last quote available before the event was abandoned. If, however, prices are offered during an event (i.e. in running betting) and a bet is closed before the event is abandoned, the bet will be settled on the basis of the price at which the bet was closed. If there is no 'latest quote' available at the time when the event is abandoned (i.e. no in running betting), all bets on the underlying event will be void.
5. Bets made on the basis of Correct Information
SportsSpread reserves the right to void any bet placed on the basis of incorrect information. Similarly, SportsSpread reserves the right to void any bet placed if it had been possible to determine the outcome of the bet at the time at which the bet was being placed. However, it may happen that an 'in running' bet is placed on the basis of an incorrect 'current score' in an event, in which case the bet will be adjusted to take into account the correct 'current score' at the time the bet was placed.
6. Special Markets
SportsSpread may, from time to time, quote prices on markets or events which may not be specifically referred to in our rules. The settlement of these bets will be based on SportsSpread's interpretation and determination. The decision of SportsSpread on the settlements will be final.
7. The Result and Final Settlement
The official result is final for settlement purposes. Final settlement on all bets will take place within 6 days of the day on which the underlying event was completed.
8. SBA Spread Betting Rules and Conditions
The Spread Betting Association (SBA) has formulated a set of sports spread-betting rules that the spread betting industry has agreed to be governed by. We agree that settlement of spread betting markets offered on our website and telephone service shall be governed by the general rules that have been put in place by the SBA, except in cases where the specific rules of a particular market on our site would differ from the standard rules. In these cases, our specific rules will supersede the general rules.
9. All markets are subject to stop losses except for index type markets with a defined definite outcome.
Please refer to the market information on the individual live market as the stop losses can be subject to change.
Terms and Conditions
- You are over 23 years of age (or over the age of majority as stipulated in the laws of the jurisdiction applicable to you) and can enter into a binding legal agreement with us. The Company makes no representation as to the legality of its online gambling service in other jurisdictions. The Terms of Conditions and Use shall be agreed between you and Tradespread CR of San Jose, Curridabat Centro, Residencial Lomas de Curridabat company registration number 3-102-714544. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that they are fully aware of all terms, conditions and stipulations regarding the markets quoted on SportsSpread.com. Confirmation of your acceptance of the terms and conditions means you are agreeing to abide by all terms as set out in this section. We also reserve the right under these terms and conditions to vary the operating betting licence applicable to your trading account depending on the jurisdiction and any alterations to relevant law or regulation which may come into effect or which may already be in effect without further notice.
- SportsSpread.com reserves the right to limit the stake on any bet in any of its markets. SportsSpread.com also reserves the right to refuse the whole or any part of any bet without giving an explanation.
- SportsSpread.com reserves the right to limit the aggregate size of outstanding bets held by any client at any time in any market.
- SportsSpread.com may, at its discretion, amend the Stop-Loss/Stop-Win on any of its markets at any time. Clients may be notified of any such changes, at the discretion of SportsSpread.com.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that there is no unauthorised use of his/her account. Any bet, which has been placed using the client's LOGIN I/D and Password that matches the details on our system, will be accepted as bona fide. SportsSpread.com does not monitor the betting pattern of its clients.
- Bets cannot be accepted from persons under the age of 23.
- SportsSpread.com will never advise a client on whether or not to place a bet. We merely facilitate the execution of a bet. SportsSpread.com will provide factual information if it is available.
- It is the responsibility of the client to verify that the bet has been accepted correctly and that any positions being held on the client account are correct.
- SportsSpread.com accepts no responsibility for any total or partial failure of our responsibilities caused by an act of God or by any means beyond our control.
- In the event that we offer prices on markets not described on this site, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure that he is fully aware of the terms and trading conditions of these bets and the inherent stop loss/stop win associated with these bets.
- SportsSpread.com reserves the right to void, at its own discretion, any bets involving an obvious market error at any time even after the market has been settled.
- SportsSpread.com will void any open bets suspected of fraudulent activity.
- SportsSpread.com reserves the right to close any open position at their own discretion. SportsSpread.com will typically attempt to contact a client before taking this action but in the event that no contact is possible SportsSpread.com will close the open position(s) and shall not be liable for any losses that the client may incur as a result, either directly or indirectly.
- Spread betting is a leveraged product and as such you may lose more than your initial deposit or credit balance. Clients may be subject to margin calls at short notice whereby additional margin is required to maintain your open bet. If additional margin is not provided within the time required, an open bet may be closed at a loss and the client will be liable for the resulting deficit.
- In the case where a clients’ losses or required margin exceeds their positive balance, SportsSpread.com reserve the right to recoup the remainder of the balance using a payment method previously registered on our systems by the client. SportsSpread.com will typically make at least one attempt to contact a client in advance of any such instances.
- Most Markets have a stop loss. Losses are limited in these markets to the defined stop loss. In the markets where losses are unlimited the cash that you deposit with us does not limit your potential losses. A deposit is a sum of money credited to any account held by you with us, (deposited or won) that is available for you to bet against. If you incur losses on open bets we may require you to deposit additional funds ("margin") with us as a condition of maintaining your open bets.
- It is the client's responsibility to ensure that they are fully aware of any price movements that might affect any open positions on their account. It is not our policy to contact clients to inform them of any negative movements on any open position(s).
- All clients should be advised that they must provide identity documentation in the form of a driver’s license/passport and a proof of address in the form of a utility bill/bank statement dated within the last 3 months before they can withdraw funds from their account. The minimum withdrawal amount is £50 (or currency equivalent).
All new clients must wait 30 days after their initial deposit before a withdrawal can be processed on their account. This is due to security and compliance protocols. This is a mandatory condition which has been imposed on this business due to legacy fraudulent activity and is in no way a reflection of individual clients.
The maximum initial withdrawal limit after 30 days is €3,000 equivalent as a new client. The maximum withdrawal after 60 days is €5,000 in any 30-Day Period. For existing clients, the maximum cumulative withdrawal in any 30-day period thereafter cannot exceed €5,000 equivalent for all standard accounts.
Standard accounts can be upgraded and withdrawal limits increased by prior consent and are dealt with on a case by case basis.
- By signing up to these terms and conditions all clients are agreeing to adhere to the SportsSpread.com KYC Policy. They must provide identity documentation in the form of a driver’s license/passport and a proof of address in the form of a utility bill/bank statement dated within the last 3 months to verify their accounts after opening the account online. We will not be able to facilitate withdrawals from accounts by way of bank transfer until accounts are fully verified. Furthermore, we may require evidence of the source of funds used for trading purposes by way of copies of bank statements or similar documentation. All accounts are subject to the SportsSpread.com KYC policy which may be altered from time to time to adjust for changes in relevant local legislation. We reserve the right to suspend any account which we feel is in breach of this policy.
Winnings from the new account promotions are subject to a 90-day withdrawal limit. Furthermore, winnings derived solely from bonuses are subject to the following conditions:
- (a) There is a maximum withdrawal of twice the amount received in bonuses or promotions in a 30-day period.
- (b) Any winnings in excess of this are then subject to the same turnover requirements as the original offer under a new 30-day period.
- (c) Funds deposited plus any winnings from a free bet have to be turned over twice before any withdrawals can be processed unless otherwise stated on individual offers.
- We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations of Our Agreement with You to a third party at any time, at our discretion. You may not, without Our prior written consent, assign or dispose of any of Your rights or obligations arising under this Agreement.
- The firm may void any new account offer and /or any free bet offer, if we deem the spirit of the free bet offer is being abused. Similarly, if we find evidence of collusion between clients to unfairly take advantage of the offers, we reserve the right to immediately suspend the accounts in question.
- All accounts must be operated by the registered named individual on the account. Accounts which breach this policy will be immediately suspended and all bets placed on the account may be deemed void and all funds held on the account may be forfeit.
- Winnings derived from bonuses, goodwill gestures or any form of promotion cannot be withdrawn for at least 30 days. This is in addition to any turnover criteria attached to them. Turnover is always calculated as follows unless otherwise stated: Stake multiplied by half the width of the spread (SSV) on every bet placed.
- Clients who receive goodwill and/or refund offers and are subsequently deemed by SportsSpread.com to have abused the spirit of the offer or manipulated it to receive risk free funds, will have their accounts closed and all transactions on their account voided.
- Any client who receives a cash/bonus promotion but does not deposit any of their own funds may not withdraw the cash/bonus or any associated winnings for a 90-day period. The account must also be deemed 'active' during the 90-day period.
- Any existing account which has been inactive for 12 months or more will be deemed to be a new account once it has become active again and will be subject to all terms and conditions associated with new accounts. The account will be deemed to be active again after the latest bet is placed following the period of inactivity.
- SportsSpread.com offers a wide range of generous offers to its clients on an ongoing basis. These can include bonus offers, cash top ups, goodwill offers and occasional write offs. of small debit balances. These offers are designed to stimulate business activity for us by offering opportunities to new or existing clients to bet with very low risk or in some cases no risk at all to see if they subsequently wish to bet with their own funds. However, the company has to operate on a very low tolerance with anyone who chooses to abuse these. Therefore, if the company believes any such offers given by the company have been abused or in any way deliberately manipulated it deems the spirit in which the offer to have been proffered to be broken and the company may at its discretion void all transactions on the account.
Abusive or offensive language of Sports Spread or any of its staff will not be tolerated. You hereby agree that you shall not post any unlawful, obscene, libellous, defamatory, threatening, or other materials that would violate any law or generally be considered to be offensive. Abusive or offensive language includes, but is not limited to, any statements that are in Sports Spread's sole opinion, obscene, profane, racist, in bad taste, slanderous or unnecessarily hostile.
Further, you agree you shall not make any statements Sports Spread that are untrue or would reasonably be considered to be derogatory.
COLLUSION, CHEATING, FRAUD AND CRIMINAL ACTIVITY
The following practices in relation to the using the service
- (a) abuse of bonuses or other promotions
- (b) using unfair external factors or influences (commonly known as cheating)
- (c) taking unfair advantage
- (d) opening any Duplicate Accounts; and/or
- (e) Undertaking fraudulent practice or criminal activity.
constitute "Prohibited Practices" and are not permitted. We will take all reasonable steps to prevent and detect such practices and to identify the relevant players concerned if they do occur.
You agree that you shall not participate in or be connected with any form of Prohibited Practice in connection with your access to or use of the Services.
- (a) We have reasonable grounds to believe that you have participated in or have been connected with any form of Prohibited Practice (and the basis of our belief shall include the use by us of any fraud, cheating and collusion detection practices which are used in the gambling and gaming industry at the relevant time); or
- (b) You have placed bets and with any other online provider of gambling services and are suspected (as a result of such play) of any Prohibited Practice or otherwise improper activity; or
- (c) We become aware that you have "charged back" or denied any of the purchases or deposits that you made to your account,
then, (including in connection with any suspension and/or termination of your account) we shall have the right, in respect of your account to withhold the whole or part of the balance and/or recover from the account the amount of any deposits, pay-outs, bonuses or winnings which have been affected by or are in any way attributable to any of the event(s) outlined in this paragraph.
For the purposes of this paragraph:
(a) A "fraudulent practice" means any fraudulent activity engaged in by you or by any person acting on your behalf or in collusion with you, and shall include, without limitation:
- fraudulent charge-backs and rake-back activity;
- the use by you or any other person who was participating in the same activity as you at any time, of a stolen, cloned or otherwise unauthorized credit or debit card, as a source of funds;
- the collusion by you with others in order to gain an unfair advantage (including through bonus schemes or similar incentives offered by us);
- any attempt to register false or misleading account information;
- any actual or attempted act by you which is reasonably deemed by us to be illegal in any applicable jurisdiction, made in bad faith, or intended to defraud us and/or circumvent any contractual or legal restrictions, regardless of whether such act or attempted act actually causes us any damage or harm;
(b) An "unfair advantage" shall include, without limitation:
- the exploitation of a fault, loophole or error in our or any third party's software used by you in connection with the Services (including in respect of any bet);
- the use of automated players ('bots'), or other 3rd party software or analysis systems; or
- The exploitation by you, of an 'Error', in any case either to your advantage and/or to the disadvantage of us or other.
(c) A "bonus abuse" shall include:
- Making a deposit to receive a bonus without any activity of the deposited funds
- Cashing out for the purpose of re-depositing
- Betting both sides of a single event for the purpose of falsely achieving bonus rollover requirements
- Referring new accounts for your own use
All withdrawals based on account closures are subject to a €100 processing fee.
CLOSURE AND TERMINATION BY YOU
- If you enter a fictional address to circumvent our restricted states list your account will be deactivated and any winnings forfeited.
CLOSURE AND TERMINATION BY US
- If you enter a fictional address to circumvent our restricted states list your account will be deactivated and any winnings forfeited.
- If we become aware subsequent to an account closure or subsequent to any account settlement that you have been deemed in breach of any of the terms including ‘fraudulent practices’ and/or ‘Bonus Abuse’ and/or Bonus Manipulation’ and/or ‘future attempts at fraud by way of chargeback’ and/or ‘attempts to use unlawful regulation against this business’ and/or ‘engaging in behaviour that defames or damages unfairly the good name and reputation of this business’ we reserve the right to remove bonuses or write-offs granted.
SUSPENSION BY US
We shall be entitled to suspend your account at our discretion. Upon the suspension of your account:
- (a) no activity shall be permitted (including deposits, withdrawals, betting or gaming) until the date upon which it is re-activated by us;
- (b) no bonuses or contingent winnings will be credited to the account;
- (c) We shall address the issue that has given rise to the account suspension with a view to resolving it as soon as possible so that the account can, as appropriate, either be re-activated or closed.
As a spread betting company the provision of credit either directly via a sanctioned mutually agreed credit limit or indirectly via an account falling into a debit balance from adverse betting outcomes is a necessity.
The company has had to deal with hundreds of missed or delayed settlements of accounts that disrupt the business and therefore advise the following:
- (a) Any client who the company has had difficulty in settling their account the company reserves the right to apply an appropriate quid pro quo settlement agreement. In practical terms this means if a client takes three months to settle their account the company at its discretion may choose to only pay out after a three-month period when the client wins.
- (b) If an account is “inactive” (i.e. has not been logged into (or out), has not had funds deposited in it or withdrawn from it, nor has had a bet placed from it or a bet settled within it and which, for the avoidance of doubt, does not include accounts which have been inactive as a result of self-exclusion) for longer than 12 consecutive months, then Sports Spread has the right to commence charging an administrative fee of €5 per month to be calculated with effect from the commencement date of inactivity. This fee shall continue to be levied until the earlier of (1) thirty months from the commencement date of inactivity (2) the account is closed, or (3) the customer recommences activity on his account.
Sports Spread does not accept any business from the following countries:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)
Democratic Republic of Congo
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Papua New Guinea
- Tradespreads CR S.R.L. which operates and manages the website SportsSpread.com. may at its discretion engage new or alternative third-party service providers in respect of Additional Gaming Services or any other of its Services. By registering or playing with any such third parties, you thereby provide your consent to any applicable additional terms and conditions of such third parties as they may be amended from time to time, including but not limited to any change to the third-party service provider itself.
- Tradespreads CR S.R.L.which operates and manages the website reserves the right to amend the Terms & Conditions at any time, as may be required for a number of reasons including (without limitation) for commercial reasons, to comply with law or regulations, to comply with instructions, guidance or recommendations from a regulatory body, or for customer service reasons. Where we wish to make material changes to the Terms & Conditions, we will endeavour to give you as much prior notice of such changes as is reasonably practicable. Any such revision will be binding and effective from such date as is specified in any such notice and/or the date of amendment. Please check these Terms & Conditions frequently for updates.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions and/or placing bets or wagers and/or making use (whether authorised or not) of the facilities offered by SportsSpread.com (whether through the Website or otherwise), you irrevocably agree that the courts of the Republic of Costa Rica shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions. Notwithstanding the foregoing SportsSpread.com be entitled to bring a claim against a customer in the court of the customer's country of domicile.
VERIFICATION OF YOUR IDENTITY; MONEY LAUNDERING REQUIREMENTS
You warrant that:
- The name and address you supply when opening your account are correct; and
- You are the rightful owner of the money which you at any time deposit in your account.
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions you authorise us to undertake any such verification checks from time to time as we may require ourselves or may be required by third parties (including, but not limited to, regulatory bodies) to confirm these facts (the "Checks"). You agree that from time to time, upon our request, you may be required to provide additional details in respect of any of such information you have provided us, including in relation to any deposits which you have made into your account.
- Whilst we are undertaking any checks from time to time, we may restrict you from withdrawing funds from your account and/or prevent access to all or certain parts of the Website. Please note that we may from time to time perform the Checks for regulatory, security or other business reasons. If any such restrictions cause you a problem, please contact Customer Services.
- In certain circumstances we may have to contact you and ask you to provide further information to us directly in order to complete the Checks. For this purpose, we will be entitled, at our sole discretion, to require that you provide us with a notarised ID or any equivalent certified ID according to the applicable law of your jurisdiction or otherwise, proof of address, utility bills, bank details, bank statements and bank references. Until such information has been supplied to our satisfaction, we may prevent any activity to be undertaken by you in relation to the Account or we may, where we reasonably believe that deliberately incorrect information has been provided by you, keep any amount deposited on the Account following the closure of the Account by us.
The information on this site is directed at residents of the United States, the United Kingdom and members of the European Union where gambling is a legal activity and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation. It is the responsibility of visitors to this site to ascertain the terms of and comply with any local law or regulation to which they are subject. Whilst SportsSpread.com has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, the information given on the site is subject to change, often without notice. It is for guidance only and no liability is accepted by SportsSpread.com for its accuracy or otherwise. Under the terms Betting Amendment Act 2015, SportsSpread.com will not accept clients who are domiciled in Ireland. For the avoidance of doubt this refers to anyone who lives in Ireland, pays tax in Ireland or is in receipt of any Irish Government payment such as pensions or social welfare payments. SportsSpread.com will not accept clients domiciled in Sweden following the enactment of the Gambling Act there which came into force in 2019. Giving false or misleading information to the Company, its servants or agents, will be deemed to be fraudulent and all monies deposited, or held by the company, may be forfeited by the client at the Company's discretion. For further information, or clarification, please contact email@example.com.